Bosch BCC-100 Thermostat
IN THE BOX
- BCC-100 Wi-Fi Thermostat
- Two screws and anchors
- Flathead screwdriver
- Wire labels
- Jumper wire
- Quick start guide
Some features require an internet connection and a user account. Features, specifications, and appearance are subject to change without notice.
|CHECK COMPATIBILITY FIRST
|For conventional (gas/oil/electric)
|▶ Heat Only
|▶ Cool Only
|For heat-pump systems
|▶ Up To 4-Heat & 2-Cool
C-wire or (24Vac) is required to power the thermostat.
Bosch BCC-100 thermostat is designed to work on most 24Vac low voltage heating and cooling systems such as gas and oil furnaces, heat pumps, and single or dual-stage systems.
Professional installation recommended for:
Separate humidifiers and dehumidifiers
Turn Power Off
Please turn off the unit’s main power at the circuit panel before beginning the installation process.
POWER OFF WARNING
Failure to turn off power may result in electrical shock and/or system damage.
Remove the Old Thermostat
Before removing the wires from the thermostat or wall plate, take a photo of all wires for reference, then label each wire according to the terminal codes.
Disconnect the wires from the old thermostat one by one. Do not let wires fall back into the wall. Remember, the power to your HVAC system must be turned off.
Note: After labeling the wires, we recommend securing them to an object such as a pen or clip to prevent them from falling back into the wall.
Connect the New Wall Plate
WARNING: Use caution when securing and routing wires to prevent possible shortage to adjacent terminals.
Insert all wires vertically from the open socket into the proper terminal. Ensure that each wire is inserted into the matching terminal. Use the supplied flathead screwdriver to fasten each wire. Pull wires gently to ensure wires are securely fastened.
|1st Stage Heating
Emergency heat activated at W1
|2nd Stage Heating
Auxiliary heat activated at W2
|1st Stage Cooling
|(Only to be used with Bosch WSHP)
|2nd Stage Cooling
The following are wiring diagrams for common systems:
- Conventional Heating (2 Stages) / Cooling System (2 Stages) with humidifier
Install a jumper between R/h and Rc only if a single transformer is used for heating and cooling. Otherwise, connect the heating transformer to R/h and/or the cooling transformer to Rc.
- Conventional Heating /Cooling System with C wire
- Conventional Heating /Cooling system without the C or spare wire (also commonly called a 4-wire system)
- At the unit, connect C with the G wire
- Connect Y to G
- Heat Pump 4 Heat/ 2 Cool with Dehumidifier
Connect Rc to R/h
- Heat Pump 3 Heat / 2 Cool
- Connect Rc to R/h
- Connect W to W2 to operate both stages of electric heat at the same time
- Heat Pump 2 Heat /1 Cool
Connect Rc to R/h
Mount the New Wall Plate
Use the enclosed screws and anchors to mount the new wall plate. In most cases, you can utilize the same mounting position of your old thermostat. Be sure to check the alignment of your wall plate before installation.
Attach Bosch BCC-100 to the Wall
- First, align the two clips on the back of the Bosch BCC-100 into the corresponding slots on the top of the wall plate.
- Firmly press forward until you hear a click to secure the thermostat into position.
Ensure the C-wire (if used) is properly connected to the heating and cooling equipment and thermostat. Switch the power back on for the heating/cooling system at the main switch box.
Power On and Enjoy!
Your thermostat should power on and prompt you to start the setup. If you are having trouble powering the thermostat, please refer to boschheatingandcooling.com for additional support. Thank you for choosing the BCC100. Enjoy the savings and comfort of owning a Bosch connected thermostat!
For a quick and easy way to begin using your new smart thermostat, the device will automatically direct you to the Initial Setup screen once it’s turned on for the first time.
- Heating Type
Select your home’s heating type from the options available:
- Heat Pump
- No Heating
Heat Pump System?
Configure the reversing valve for O (energized in cool) or B (energized in heat).
Please check your heating and cooling system manual or consult a professional HVAC technician if you do not know which option to select.
- Date, Time
ON DEVICE: Please enter your location’s current date and time; once the device is registered or linked to a user account, the date and time on the device will automatically update to the current time associated with the user account.
APP: The date and time for the device, as well as the user account, will automatically update by selecting the time zone for the device.
- Wi-Fi Setup
A reliable Wi-Fi connection is required in order to access smart features such as remote access, weather forecast and more. Please follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Wi-Fi setup.
After a successful connection, the “Registration” screen will be shown. Please follow the instructions on the screen to complete the setup. You can now add the device to a user account after downloading the App and setting up an account.
Only 2 schedules (Home & Vacation) will be available during offline operation. However, this list can be expanded to up to 99 schedules when aWi-Fi connection is established.
HOME: This schedule will be utilized to set your heating and/or cooling equipment to predefined set points. The device will initially come with a factory default schedule, adjust the schedule as necessary.
VACATION: This schedule will be used to set your heating and cooling equipment to 2 set-points (1 heating & 1 cooling) that may not be manually adjusted. The schedule may be used for vacation or permanently a heating/ cooling set-point.
In the final step, you will be requested to review all information that has been entered into the thermostat. You will be able to go back to different parts of the “Initial Setup” guide by pressing the different sections on the left. If you have completed the review, please press the “Complete” button to start utilizing your BCC-100 thermostat!
SCAN | Tap the Wi-Fi icon to enter the Wi-Fi setup screen, then tap the Scan icon to list available Wi-Fi networks. Follow on-screen instructions to complete the Wi-Fi setup.
MANUAL ENTRY | If you are trying to connect to a hidden network, press “SSID” button on the scan page to bring up the screen that will allow you to enter in your own SSID. Follow on-screen instructions to complete the Wi-Fi setup.
The following may cause a failed connection to the device:
- Wi-Fi signal is too weak
- 5G Wi-Fi network is too weak
- SSID contains space or non-ASCII characters
- Double check your password and try again
- Wi-Fi is okay but your internet is unavailable
- Requires additional webpage authentication
For an unregistered device, a message will be displayed indicating the device needs to be registered. Once a connection is successfully established, an accountID will appear for the network the device has been added to.
Follow instructions on the next page to add the device to your account after downloading the App and setting up an account.
If your device loses connection with your wireless network, it will automatically attempt to reconnect after five minutes. If that fails, it will make a new attempt every 15minutes for the next 24 hours. Any manual network reconfiguration of the thermostat will stop automatic reconnection attempts.
Wi-Fi can be manually turned off or on. Turning off your Wi-Fi will also disable the internet connection and all smart features, including App access to the device.
Members of a family need to share an account in order to gain access to the thermostat.
Congratulations! You are now ready to use the thermostat.
Now set up your App to enjoy exciting smart features.
Step 1: Download
There are three ways to download the Bosch BCC-100 App for your smart device:
- Search “BCC-100 App” in the App Store or Google Play Store, then download.
- Use your smart device to scan the QR code located within this quick start guide or on the packaging to be directed to the Bosch website for easy download.
- Go to boschheatingandcooling.com, navigate to the Bosch Intuitive Control and click App from the menu to download.
Step 2: Create a User Account
After installing the App onto your smart phone, create a user account.
Step 3: Add Device to your Account
Log in to your account: tap “Add Device” on the device list screen, then simply follow on-screen instructions in the App to complete this task. You will be asked to enter the MAC ID and the Temporary Verification Code.
MAC ID and Verification Code
Once the device is connected to the internet, you’ll be able to read or scan the Temporary Verification Code (TVC) and MAC ID from the Wi-Fi Status screen.
The Temporary Verification Code (TVC) is a 4-digit code randomly generated each time you enter thisscreen. It expires after 90 seconds, upon which a new one will be needed.
Tap the TVC code to generate a new one if the previous code expires.
You may utilize the Embedded QR code available in the “Device MacID” field to automatically populate the MAC ID and TVC.
The MAC ID is a unique network ID for this device that helps to identify your device over the internet. When dealing with technical support, the TVC alsofunctions as the verification of “the user currently in possession of the device“.
Starting Your System
HEAT | COOL | AUTO | OFF | EM. HEAT
(only in Heat Pump mode)
Tap the System Mode icon on the home screen to enter Mode Setup or you can go to Main Menu > System Settings > System Mode
Please note that your device is always “running on aprogrammed schedule” and the current operating mode is part of that schedule. Thus, when you change the SystemMode, it will only change the mode for the current program. If you change to a different program, your System Mode will follow the new program that you have selected.
The mode selection is for the current program (Home). You can’t assign different modes within a program.
Tap “Edit” to enter the Programming screen (detailed instructions shown on the next page). Tap “Go” to enter a list of available programs on your account from the Cloud. From there, you can switch to a different program.
You can opt to turn the System Off to shut down all HVACoperations including fan operation.
Emergency Heat (Em Heat) mode is only available if you have selected Heat Pump as your Heat Type and enabledthe Emergency Heat function in the setup menu.
- Temporary Adjustment
This feature will override the current set point to the desired set point until the next scheduled time in the program. If you would like to permanently lock in the adjusted temperature, you must press the “lock” icon. It will permanently lock in the adjustment until the “X” button is pressed on the main screen.
- Scheduling on the Thermostat
You can override the current schedule by tapping the “+” or “-“ icons on the right side of the screen. If you are in “Auto” mode, you will be able to manually adjust either the Heating or Cooling temperature individually. If you are in either “Heat” or “Cool” mode, you will be able to manually select a new temperature or you canselect one of the temperatures from the Preset temperatures available.
You may change the preset temperature by going into the Setup option in the Preset.
- Scheduling on the App
You can override the current schedule by scrolling the temperature up and down with your finger.
Programming a Schedule
There are only two default schedules (Home, Vacation) are available for selection when the device is offline. If the Internet connection is established you may have up 99 schedules.
Programming with the Thermostat
You can access the Schedule by following Menu > Schedule >Select the Schedule that you would like to modify
- Select a Schedule from the list
- Select the Mode that you would like the schedule to
operate on and press Edit
- Select the day of the week to change
- Select a period (total of 8 available per day) to change and press “Setup”
- Insert: Inserts a new period after the current one
- Delete: Deletes the current period
- Set Starting Time increments by 15-minute intervals
- Select desired temperature or System(s) Off for the period
- Use “Copy” button to copy the same schedule to another day of the week
Programming with the App
From the main menu in the App, select Schedule Select the Mode that you would like the schedule to operate on and press Edit
If you would like to edit a different schedule please press “List” for list of available schedules
- Select the day of the week to change
- Select a period (total of 8 available per day) to change
- Edit: Edit the current schedule
- Insert: Insert a new period after the current one
- Delete: Delete the current period
- 3. Set Starting Time increments by 15-minute intervals
4. Select desired temperature(s) or System Off for the period
5. Use “Copy” button to copy the same schedule to another day of the week.
You must grant “location access” for the app to enable this feature.
The weather forecast is based on the location of the installed thermostat. The location will be assigned to you the first time you connect your thermostat to the app.
There are 3 levels of screen brightness and 3 options for “Screen Timeout.” You can also utilize this menu to “Lock” the screen as well. A 4-digit passcode will be required to lock the screen.
Device information will contain all the relevant Account and System information
Account: Change or remove the account associated with the thermostat
System: Current hardware and software information.
This screen can also be used to update the firmware.
It is important that you remember your passcode for the screen lock as you willnot be able to unlock the screen without this passcode.
Unit Operating Mode
- Heat: Unit will be cycled to maintain scheduled heating set-point.
- Cool Only: Unit will be cycled to maintain scheduled cooling set-point.
- Auto: Unit will be automatically switched between heating and cooling operations to maintain heat/cool set-points.
- Off: All heating and cooling functions are turned off. Fan can still operate in this mode if manually activated.
- Emergency Heat (only available on Heat Pumps): Will turn off all compressors and turn on backup electric heat source.
- Auto: Fan will follow heating and cooling operations.
- On: Fan runs non-stop for 24 hours.
- Circulation: Fan runs on and off regularly in addition to heating and cooling operations.
By selecting this option, you also need to define the operation time length and schedule for the circulation.
If the G wire was substituted for the C wire during installation, the Fan-On & Circulation options will not function.
Humidifier/Dehumidifier Operating Mode
User may select either humidifier/dehumidifier as an optional accessory if the wire was properly installed during the initial installation process. You may only operate in either humidifier OR dehumidifier mode and may not operate in both mode at the same time. Humidifier will be turned on during heating operation and dehumidifier mode will turn on during the cooling operation if the necessary humidity level is not met.
Temperature, Alerts, and Auto-On
- Warning: Alerts are an additional source of protection but not the main source protection for the system.
- Alert: Send alert message when room temperature is out of the range between high and low
- Auto-On: Turn system on automatically when the room reaches these setpoints while the system is off. Messages will be sent to your account and can be viewed on the device, App and Webpage.
Thermostat will keep track of your run time for Heating, Cooling, Air Filter and Water Panel, you can individually reset the total run time as desired. You can also set the reminder for Air Filter and Water Panel according to the run time of the unit. When it reaches its predefined run time, a notification will be sent to the user.
Advanced Settings is designed for professionals who want to utilize advanced features for better accessibility. It will also allow the user to factory reset the device and requires an access code.
- AB: Auto-mode Switch Band*
Set difference for auto switch between heating/cooling
- PM: Parameter Modifier*
Advanced settings for system key parameters
- SC: Sensor Calibration*
To calibrate or correct the device temperature reading
- SD: System Default*
Restore system to default setting
- SI: System Information
Display hardware and software info for the device
- SL: System Lock/Unlock
Lock the thermostat to prevent on-device operation
- ZB: Zero Energy Band*
The temperature range where no heating or cooling is activated during operation
* For Professional Operation Only, Access Code: 1886
Bosch Connected Control
BCC-100 Wi-Fi Thermostat
This limited warranty is provided by Bosch Thermotechnology Corp. (“Bosch”) and covers the Bosch Connected Control (BCC)-100 Wi-Fi Thermostat (hereinafter referred to as “Product”). This warranty is provided to the original purchaser of the Product as long as the Product remains installed at its original place of installation.
Bosch warrants that the product will remain free from defects in material and workmanship (5) years from the date of original installation or from the date of manufacture if proof of installation is not available, provided it is installed and properly maintained by a qualified service contractor and the other conditions of this warranty are met. If Bosch determines that the product has a defect in workmanship or materials, Bosch, at its option, will repair or replace the defective part.
Items Not Covered
This limited warranty does not cover the following circumstances:
- Components or parts not provided by Bosch.
- Serviceable items and normal maintenance as required per the Installation Manual.
- Components or parts on which the tags or nameplates have been removed, altered or defaced.
- Scratches in or discoloration of finishes.
- The workmanship of any installer. Bosch disclaims and does not assume any liability of any nature for unsatisfactory performance caused by improper installation, repair or maintenance.
- Any labor or material costs for removal, re-installation, repair and replacement of the defective component.
- Electricity or fuel costs, or any increases or unrealized savings in same, for any reason whatsoever.
- Damage caused by operation of the Product in a corrosive atmosphere, scale deposits and/or highly mineralized or un-softened water supply, electrical failures, water impurities, flooding or acts of God.
- Damage caused by any attachment or modification to the Product, including any energy saving device.
- Damage caused by Product not being installed in accordance with all applicable state and local plumbing and/or building codes and regulations.
- Shipping charges, delivery expenses or administrative fees incurred by the purchaser in repairing or replacing the Product.
OTHER THAN THE OBLIGATIONS OF BOSCH EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN, BOSCH DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. BOSCH’S SOLE OBLIGATION WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCT AND PURCHASER’S EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES ARE SET FORTH IN THE FOREGOING LIMITED WARRANTY. BOSCH SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SIMILAR DAMAGES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY OR DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF USE, LOST PROFITS, INCONVENIENCE OR LOSS OF TIME. NOTE THAT ANY REPAIRED OR REPLACED PRODUCT WILL BE WARRANTED FOR ONLY THE UNEXPIRED TERM OF THE ORIGINAL WARRANTY.
Some states do not allow the exclusion of limitation of damages, or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
WARRANTY CLAIMS PROCESS
If you have a warranty claim you should notify the heating contractor who installed your Product and ask that the contractor notify the distributor from whom the contractor purchased the Product. If this action is not possible or you don’t receive a response, contact Bosch Thermotechnology Corp. (BTC), 65 Grove Street Watertown, MA 02472. To process your claim, you will need a copy of your original invoice or other proof of purchase and documentation showing the original installation date and location. The alleged defective product must be returned to BTC in accordance with BTC procedure then in force for handling goods returned for the purpose of inspection to determine cause of failure (contact BTC ifyou have questions regarding the return process). If BTC determines that the returned product is defective and that this warranty applies, BTC will furnish the repaired or replacement product to an authorized BTCdistributor who, in turn, will forward the product to the heating contractor who installed your Product.
This Warranty applies to Bosch Products installed in the Continental United States and Canada only.
Bosch Thermotechnology Corp.
Watertown, MA • Londonderry, NH • Ft. Lauderdale, FL • Williston, VT
Inquiries and support: 1-800-283-3787
Copyright © 2017 Bosch Thermotechnology Corp.
All rights reserved. Subject to change without notice.
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference, and
- this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Any Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference toradio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- ncrease the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
This equipment complies with FCC radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment. This equipment should be installed and operated with minimum distance 20cm between the radiator & your body.