DOMETIC COMFORT CONTROL CENTER 2
Dometic Comfort Control Center 2 Thermostat Quick Start-Up
The basic steps for operating your Air Conditioner & Heat Pump (herein after referred to as the “unit”), are described in this User’s Guide. For more detailed information on modes of operation and special features refer to the Operating Instructions Manual.
- To turn ON the CCC 2 thermostat when the back light is off, first press any button to wake up the CCC 2 thermostat. Then press and release the ON/OFF button.
- Press the MODE button to cycle through the mode options. A mode is an operation that can be performed by the unit and is controlled by the Dometic CCC thermostat. The available modes are: OFF, COOL, HP (HEAT PUMP), HS (Heat Strip), FAN, FURN (Furnace), and AUTO. The available modes are determined by your system options.
- Press the ZONE button to cycle through the available zones to be programmed. Each zone signifies a unit designated to cool or heat a specific area of an RV. The Dometic CCC 2 thermostat can control up to four units (zones).
- Press the buttons to increase or decrease the room air temperature (hereinafter referred to as the set point). The set point is the desired inside room air temperature.
- Press the FAN button to select the fan speed. The options are AUTO, HI, MED, or LO.
- Press the CLOCK button to initiate the clock setting sub-menu on the CCC 2 thermostat. When entering this menu, the “hour” digits will flash first. Press the CLOCK button again and the “minutes” digits will flash. Press it a third time and the “AM” or “PM” icon will flash. Press the buttons to set the “hour”, “minute”, and “AM/PM” settings. Press the CLOCK button one more time to store the new time in memory and exit the clock setting sub-menu.
- Press and hold the INSIDE TEMP button and the LCD will display the current inside temperature recorded at the CCC 2 Thermostat (or at the optional remote indoor temperature sensor) instead of the temperature set-point. The LCD will also display “IN” to indicate that the inside temperature is being displayed. When the INSIDE TEMP button is released, the LCD will return to the programmed temperature set-point.
- Auto Fan
- Stage Select (Two air conditioners/ heat pumps or models equipped with two compressors)
- Programs 1 & 2
- Auxiliary Heat (heat pump models only)
- Load Shed
- Automatic Generator Start (optional)
See the Operating Instructions Manual for more information on special features.
LCD Error Code
When the system determines that one of the faults listed below has occurred an error code will be displayed in the LCD for the zone in which the error occurred. During normal operation, a blinking zone number indicates a fault has occurred. The error code is displayed in place of the temperature set point.
- E1 Loss of communication between the CCC 2 thermostat and all system power module boards. The system will shut down.
- E1 Loss of communication between the CCC 2 thermostat and an individual system power module board. The LED will display error code E1 and the zone number that lost communication. Any additional zones that lose communication will blink in addition to the current zone.
- E2 Open circuit or out-of-range Indoor Temperature Sensor. All heat and cool operations will be locked out.
Manual fan operation can continue.
- E3 Shorted Indoor Temperature Sensor. All heat and cool operations will be locked out. Manual fan operation can continue.
- E4 Open circuit or out-of-range Outdoor Temperature Sensor (select models). Heat pump operation will be locked out. Air conditioner, furnace, heat strip, and fan operation can continue to operate.
- E5 Open circuit or out-of-range Freeze Sensor. Air conditioner operation will be locked out. Heat pump, furnace, heat strip, and fan operation can continue to operate but displays the last temperature set-point.
- E7 Loss of 120 VAC power to all power module boards on the system. The system will shut down.
- E8 Invalid zone configuration. The heat pump and heat strip DIP switches are both set to the ON position in one zone. Heat pump, heat strip and air conditioner operation will be locked out in the affected zone.
- E9 Invalid zone configuration. The dehumidifier DIP switch and either the heat pump or heat strip DIP switches are set to the ON position in one zone.
Heat pump, heat strip, and air conditioner operation will be locked out in the affected zone.
In the unlikely event you experience a system failure, refer to the “SERVICE” section of the Operating Instructions furnished with your unit.